Programs for the Hellenic General Staffs
The Minister of National Defense, Mr. Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, informed the members of the Special Standing Committee on Armaments Programs and Contracts of the Hellenic Parliament in a meeting held in the Senate Hall regarding program activations.
The Deputy Minister of National Defense, Mr. Nikolaos Hardalias, also participated in the process. The Chief of Hellenic Airforce General Staff, Lieutenant General Georgios Blioumis, the Chief of Hellenic Army General Staff, Lieutenant General Charalambos Lalousis, the Chief of Hellenic Nany General Staff, Rear Admiral Stylianos Petrakis, the Chief of General Directorate of Defence Investments and Armaments Vice Admiral (ret) Aristidis Alexopoulos.
During the meeting and after thorough briefing by the Political and Military Leadership of the Armed Forces, the members of the Special Standing Committee approved the following:
Programs under the responsibility of the Army General Staff
– Construction of a wind tunnel to be used as a free fall extruder.
– Upgrade of electro systems of 19 helicopters of the Army Air Force “Apache” AH-64A +.
– Supply of Anti-tank Missile System.
– Supply of Missile System for “Apache” AH-64 (A / D) helicopters.
Programs under the responsibility of Hellenic Navy General Staff
– Supply of Directed Missiles for the equipment of four Cannonballs and four Ships of the Unorthodox War of the HN.
Hellenic Airforce General Staff programs
– Support for T-6A Training aircrafts
– Supply of Cartridges for F-16 and F-4 fighter aircrafts
– Update of the Decision for Activation of the Sub-program for the Leasing of the MEA system (MALE category).
– IRIS – T Missile Support of the HA
The members of the Special Standing Committee approved the award for the tender for the general inspection – repair of the main Internal Combustion Engines of MEKO type Frigates.
Source: Hellenic Ministry of Defence