KYSEA approved six defence procurement programmes
KYSEA made decisions on defence procurement. The official news release is as following:
“A regular session of the Governmental National Security Council (GNC) was held under Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis. The main topic was the development of the defence procurement programme. It was discussed that the finalization of buying the SPIKE missile system is imminent with the signing of the contracts, which includes provision for increased participation of the domestic defense industry”.
More specifically five procurement programmes of the Navy and one of the Air Force were approved. Of these six programmes, five were approved on December 19, 2022 by the Parliamentary Special Standing Committee on Defence Procurement.
The programmes are:
1. Government quality assurance services of the FDI HN frigate acquisition programme. Government to Government agreement with France.
2. Test/maintenance device and recertification of EXOCET naval missiles.
3. Overhaul auditing and repair of turbojet engines, adjustment of sensor units and spare parts of EXOCET MM-40 Block3 guided missiles.
4. MW08 type search radar and other THALES Netherlands electronic systems of the “S” frigates Mid-Life Modernization (MML).
5. Supply of sonobuoys for the P-3B Maritime Surveillance Aircraft. Government to Government agreement with USA.
6. Framework agreement with MBDA France and approval of the SCALP EG missile maintenance programme and related equipment support for use by Mirage 2000-5 Mk2 fighters.